Product Review: The Hose Nozzle


One of the first things I needed when I began to garden was a hose nozzle, an attachment at the end of the hose which consists of a lever and depending which nozzle you get one or many varieties of water output options.  This particular hose nozzle has been great, it has a few different water output options including, most importantly I think, the 'shower' option and the 'mist' option which I use constantly for watering my plants.  Mixed baby greens for example are dainty growing plants and would succumb to being sprayed with a 'jet' stream (which this nozzle also has) or even the use of a 'soaker' option (also available on this nozzle) or 'shower' option would be too much for the baby green soil as these type of lettuce-like plants like their soil moist and damp like a sponge and not completely soaked.

And sometimes the 'shower' option is most helpful with bigger plants that require more water or if covering to water more space.  In a nutshell the hose nozzle has been invaluable to me since I have purchased it, making it much easier for me to regulate the watering whilst the plants are growing which gives me a sense of relief that I am not harming the plants merely by watering them, especially those tender greens.

Unfortunately I don't remember what the name of this particular hose nozzle is but it was available at OSH (Orchard Supply Store) for for less than $10.  In general the hose nozzles seem to be pretty inexpensive and would suggest purchasing an inexpensive one over a more expensive one since they all pretty much have the same function.



No comments:

Post a Comment