Taste Of The First Fig


We have a fruiting fig tree, unfortunately I can't take credit to all the beautiful fruit trees in our yard (which there are aplenty, my husband and I really lucked out on finding this house) the previous owners were happy growers themselves and planted many different types of flowers, plants and yes, fruit trees.

When I walked into Wholefoods a week or two ago I realized beautiful purple figs were out and being sold and I became concerned that the figs on our tree, although fruiting, were not ripening.  Then I came out the other day and realized there were two purple figs on the tree, boy did that draw a huge gasp and smile on my face- I absolutely love figs!  They're such a pretty purple and cute too before you devour them of course.


3 days have gone by and I've been eyeing that purple fig, I went over to it today and gave it a little touch with my fingertips and realized the fig was soft to the touch, it probably should have stayed on the tree for a little bit longer in all honesty but I couldn't help myself.  I pulled that fig from the tree and ran inside, there was only one thing on my mind, eating it.  It was the most delicious fig I've ever had, whether it's because mr. Fig came from my own tree or if it actually was that delicious, I'm unsure- couldn't it be a little bit of both?

Just thought I'd share, until next time... Happy growing!




No comments:

Post a Comment