A Proper Introduction

My gardening experience is little to none, how much more general can I get right?  Well, to be more specific my gardening experience goes something like this...

The very first time I ever tried to plant anything was in the 9th grade and my goal was to try and grow some red chili peppers.  I bought a packet of red chili peppers at the store and planted them straight away in an old wooden cob-webbed planter I found tucked away in the back of my parents' yard, I watered twice, was enthused that they had sprouted and then simply forgot about them.

The second time I ever tried to plant anything was not too long ago, about a year ago in my small one-bedroom apartment where barely any sunlight was available I bought and planted seeds for various herbs and vegetables.  The window side of my apartment was lined with small and big buckets, when I realized I had also collected a great many gnats and other flying bugs I moved all my little seedlings outdoors, sadly only one survived, the tomato plant, which grew hardy and yielded fruit to my great pleasure.  My husband and I ate off that tomato plant for quite awhile.

Let me fast forward to my current situation, my husband and I bought a three-bedroom and two-bathroom home on a piece of land with a large front and backyard.  The yard has great space to grow vegetables in, and this I plan to do.  

So here's to a blog full of gardening questions, set-backs, frustrations, smiles, laughs and eventually organic vegetables and fruits.


No comments:

Post a Comment