Sprouting Fresh Seeds In A Paper Towel


I always believed that in order to plant seeds one had to dry them first, not sure where this belief stems from, maybe because all the seeds in the packet are dry.  Boy was I wrong!  You can actually begin sprouting seeds in a wet paper towel!  And it's soooo easy too!

I gave it my first try with the seeds of a melon fruit.  I saved a couple of seeds and folded it into a wet paper towel, I kept it nice and moist everyday, and slowly but surely the seed sprouted (it only about a week and half)!  Now all I have to do is plant them sprouting root side down into the dirt or a container, so simple, and a great way to save.  Now that I know it works I'm trying to get a couple of cherry pits and peach pit to sprout too (we'll see if it works for pits as well!)  

So if you happen upon a fruit that is absolutely delicious try this method and grow your own.




No comments:

Post a Comment