Product Review: Grow Great Grub, Organic Food from Small Spaces by Gayla Trail


When I first began to grow vegetables and fruits in my little one-bedroom apartment a couple years ago (yes, the time when all but one survived) I picked up a book by Gayla Trail, Grow Great Grub, Organic Food from Small Spaces.  The book concentrates on growing, as the sub-title suggests, in small spaces (which is exactly what I had at the time, a very small space).  But even now, recently moved into a bigger space with an actual yard to grow in, I find myself continually turning to this book for advice, tips and general knowledge.  The book has tons of general knowledge of many different kinds of plants, fruits, vegetables and herbs.  How much to water this or that, what kind of soil and how much sun or shade this or that prefers, all information that a first-time grower would have.  The book is an easy read and pretty straight forward, the only complaint I would have if I had to pick one is that there is too much general knowledge.  If you read the book straight through in a couple of days you can bet you'll only retain about half the information, I find it more helpful as a look-up guide when I need it.

First time grower?  Definitely get this book, it's a great introduction to gardening and if you're not too gung-ho about the gardening thing and just want to give it a try reading this book will definitely make you want to grow something, anything!

Check out the book, Grow Great Grub @ Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment