Oh For Goodness Sake! Grasshoppers!


Little tiny baby grasshoppers can be cute as hell (as all most tiny things are) but they sure become a nuisance faster than you can go "aww, how cute".

What the heck is eating the bush beans?!  This was the question for the past two weeks or so, huge gaping holes and large missing parts of the leaves of the bush bean had me pondering up a storm, some leaves were completely demolished.  Then I saw these little green hopper dudes, like I said, cute as hell right?  I mean, just look how tiny he is in the picture below, but boy does he have an appetite. And in the back of mind, although I didn't want to outright admit it or perhaps it was more that I didn't want to come to terms with it, I knew this little hopper wasn't alone.  And I was right, I saw more little hopper dudes on my basil plant, that's when I realized I had to regain control.



I read somewhere on a gardening forum about a home remedy made of water and a little bit of dishsoap that can be sprayed on leaves being attacked by hoppers, apparently they don't like the taste of dishsoap very much, this is supposed to help thwart the hoppers from making a dinner out of your grows.

I bought a small spray bottle for $1.99 at a random store, filled it with a couple drops of soap (apparently the solution calls for 2tbsp of dishsoap per every 1 gal of water) so I figured a couple of drops would suffice for a spray bottle this small.  I filled the spray bottle with the solution and went right to spray mode.  I'm not quite sure if this will work, it seems to make logical sense that yes, the hoppers wouldn't like the taste of dishsoap, so I have my fingers crossed with the little hope that I can see it working.  In any case we soon shall see, so make sure to check in to read results!



Read the results, Anti-Grasshopper (Dishsoap & Water) Solution, Does It Work?


No comments:

Post a Comment